Saturday 18 January 2014

Chapter 4, Starbound #2.

So my friend kindly noted that I hadn't told you about the controls and story length of Starbound, therefore I bring you part two of my review (Hiphipfuckinghooray).

Main controls: Use your generic WASD to move around, A+D to move from side to side just like any side scrolling game and W to move forward. S makes you crouch, however it also helps you go down stairs and to lower platforms, whilst pressing Spacebar at the same time (also the jump button) which in my opinion is a bit of a pain in the ass but at least its not over complicated. Well for most anyway.
You have a secondary and primary attack, use your LMB for primary and RMB for secondary. This however only applies if you are not using a two-handed weapon. 
Scrolling your mouse changes what you have in your hands from your main slots, if your scrolly thing (yes I don't know the proper name) doesn't work you can use Z or just click on the slot with the item you want.
I is inventory, C for crafting, J for your journal, shift click on items to move them quickly from your inventory to a furnace for example or vice verse. 
Simple really ey?


Story length: To be honest there isn't one. It's a matter of travelling to different galaxies and planets (which as far as I know there's bloody loads), walking around every planet and killing all the beasties. So I guess you could say there is a certain 'length' to each planet, some can take half an hour and others over an hour. It really depends on how quickly or often you get your ass kicked. Some planets don't have a boss whilst others do.
So as long as you don't suck at games like me and die every 2 minutes, then you should complete planets quite quickly. Just don't forget to look for resources.

So there we go, I promise this reviews finished now.
OR IS IT?



No comments:

Post a Comment